Friday, August 24, 2012

Closer to You, Calee Reed

Sorry I'm a day late today, I'm up to my neck busy with school in session now and Dr's appointments....still trying to set a new schedule for the family!

I recently received Calee Reeds new debut Album "The Waiting Place" and LOVE it. Many of us were first introduced to Calee Reed around mothers day when she released a single "She Put the Music in Me", as well as music video to go with it. I posted in on my blog HERE. Calee has such a unique sound to her music and voice. I was even surprised to see that the genre iTunes put her in was "Indie Rock", even though this CD is primarily Christian music. There are so many great songs on this CD like the toe tapping "Trust In God"- seriously it's so fun! Also, the song "Time for Love" is a live version, talking about how it's just time for love in this world! I think this song is needed as a public service message!

The song that I want to share my feelings about today is "Closer to You". You can hear a clip of it (and download it) HERE. Isn't it amazing how so many emotions in life can be compared to weather? When you are happy you can compare it to sunlight, when you are going through hard trials you can compare it to storms, when you end a chapter in your life you can compare it to a sunset. The thing that instantly caught my attention in this song is the first line, "Why do we only remember the sun, after the rain starts pouring down?". It's true isn't it? We don't think about how beautiful the sun has been during the day until we realize its actually not sunny any more. We don't realize how good life is until we are in the midst of a storm/trial rolling in. "We fear we are lost to him [and left] to sink in the raging sea" when we are going through something that is really difficult. Whether it is the death of a loved one, or fighting in your marriage, or the loss of a friend- sometimes our human nature will want to know why it happened to us. Why do we think God has left us alone? What we need to always remember is that our Savior is there with his hand reaching down pulling us up if we just have faith to walk on the water next to him. This song reminds me that we just need to look past the dark storm clouds and rising water and we will make it through the storm....because the storm will always end. Enjoy the words of this song.

What does it teach you?
Reflections of Christ

Closer to You, by Calee Reed
Why do we only remember the sun after the rain starts pouring down
We take it for granted until it is gone; we’re left with just storm clouds around
We’re standing in water that’s rising fast and these dark clouds are gathering speed
Just when I feel I’m not going to last I look through the clouds for the rescue I need

Lord, let this storm bring me closer to you Help me pull through this
Lord, help me see, letting fear flood my heart with just drown me
Bring me closer to you

Why do we fear that we are lost to him, or faded to sink in the raging sea
Struggling for courage to rise up and swim or walk on the waves of his beckoning
I’m wading through water that’s rising fast and these dark clouds are gathering speed
Just when I feel I’m not going to last I look through the clouds for the rescue I need

Lord, let this storm bring me closer to you please help me get through this
Lord, help me see letting fear flood my heart will just drown me

No matter how many hurricanes I’m called to endure
Of one thing I’m always sure, that as hard as it gets, I know when its all through
I’ll be stronger, and wiser, and closer to you

I’ll wait for this storm to end, just like they always do
And I’ll be cleaner, and purer and brighter
More loved and more sure and lighter
Stronger and wiser and closer to you
(Words transcribed by me, I apologize if they aren't 100% correct)

If you are reading this in a reader or email feed click HERE to take you straight to the blog. I'd love for you to share this post, or blog with others and for you to follow me through Google Connect, on the right column. Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments: