Friday, May 11, 2012

She Put the Music in Me

Sorry it's been such a long break from me posting. My grandfather passed away at the end of March, and I got off track for a while after that. I will miss him so much, but am so thankful for the memories I have with him and for the knowledge that I will see him again someday.

I came across a new video released today by a new music artist, Calee Reed. Her voice is magnificent! I'm sure I will post about her again soon! (I've also come across a few more music artists that I'm excited to share with you soon!). Calee released this music video today in honor of Mother's Day on Sunday. She lost her mother to cancer last year and this song is a tribute to her, and to all mothers.

 As I was watching and listening to the song, my thoughts, of course, turned to my own mother, and to who I am as a mother. I love the title of the song, "She Put the Music In me". My mother truly put my love of music in me. My parents always taught us the importance of music and it played a huge part in our family growing up. I was taught how important music is in feeling and teaching by the spirit. How it can bring peace and inspiration. Each child in my family played an instrument. On any given day you could hear the many sounds of music coming from our windows- from Chopin and Beethoven, to Michael McClean, to Celine Dion, to Brittany Spears, to Louie Armstrong, to Garth Brooks...I could go on. You could hear flute, piano, viola, cello, violin, trombone, trumpet, a little guitar, and of course voice. That's a lot of music! My mother has a beautiful voice, I have fond memories of her singing to us at night before bed her french lullabies when we were young. I can hear them now as I think about it. My parents also sang together sometimes, we loved hearing them sing duets!

My parents and I last November
I am so thankful for the many things I have learned from my parents, as the song says, they were sent to me by my Heavenly Father. I share this music video for her, and for every women out there who has loved, taught, and cared for another....all women are mothers.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: