Thursday, August 9, 2012

Some thoughts....

I've recently had on my mind the impact that good media can have on who we are inside. It affects how we think of ourselves, how we act, the attitude we have day to day. How do you feel after you put that book down you've been reading, after you walk out of the movie, or after you turn off the t.v. or radio? I always find its a hard balance to figure out with the good and evil surrounding our world today. We live in a day where men call "evil good, and good evil" (Isa. 5:20) Today I just wanted to share some interesting quotes I found on this subject!

"Music can help you draw closer to your Heavenly Father. It can be used to educate, edify, inspire, and unite. However, music can, by its tempo, beat, intensity, and lyrics, dull your spiritual sensitivity. You cannot afford to fill your minds with unworthy music." (and might I add, unworthy media in general)"
-President Thomas S. Monson

“We need to make good media choices ourselves and set good examples for our children. … We need to take time to watch appropriate media with our children and discuss with them how to make choices that will uplift and build rather than degrade and destroy”
-M. Russell Ballard

I'd like to challange you, and myself, to be more mindful of the media we partake in. Take note of how that magazine, book, song, tv show, or movie makes you feel, and don't be afraid to put it down or walk away if it doesn't make you feel good, inspire, or uplift you- even if you're the only one doing it.

On a side note- here is fun video from Britt Nicole!

No comments: