Thursday, July 26, 2012

We Are

I love spending time looking for new music artists that uplift the soul! This week I have found an amazing music artist, Kari Jobe. She may not be new on the Christian music scene...but she's new to me! I am trying to open up my little box of being stuck to LDS music artists and find more to listen to these days. With all the negative, inappropriate, NON uplifting media surrounding us these days we should cling to what is good. It seems as though the only media I can find that is good these days is music (well yes, I know there are a lot of good books too!)....and that is still being suffocated by bad music. I've really been shocked lately by the level of horrible tv shows starting this fall. Seriously people, what happened to TGIF- Full House, Family Matters....you know what I'm talking about? Good, wholesome, family entertainment besides PBS cartoons!
Anyhow....back on track......I have spent a good bulk of my extra time listening and watching Kari Jobe's YouTube channel and listening to tracks on iTunes. She has so many great messages to share! The one I decided to share today is her acoustic video of "We Are".

She says "We live in the dark, but that's not who we are. We are children of light.....make the most of the time we have left. We are the light of the world, we are the city on a hill, we are the light of the world and we gotta let the light shine!"

I love this song because honestly, that's the whole point to this blog! I want to let MY light shine, spread some light to others. There is so much evil and darkness in the world today, if I can do my part to share light to others I can feel peace in my heart. I know I have been blessed with the talent and love of music. It is how I feel my Saviors love for me, through music. If I can reach others through music, then they will feel that love as well. I may not write and record music, but I can still share it.

"We gotta let the light shine!"


Check out Kari's website HERE

If you are reading this in an email or reader click HERE and it will take you to the original post.

THANKS for stopping by, if you enjoy my blog I would LOVE and appreciate if you could share it with others, you can also "Follow" this blog so you know when I post something new.

No comments: